BOOK REPORT STBA PERTIWI
THE OBJECTIVES ARE:
- To help the students to be able to summarize the analyzed books which have been comprehended well.
- The students are able to empower their own skills in reading comprehension, composition, and conversation through book report activities.
- The students are able to present the book report orally in a well-integrated way in front of the examiners.
- The students are able to build and develop their confidence through individual presentation.
- It is going to be applied for semester 4 & 5
- And for every student who joins Reading Comprehension 4, 5, Composition 4,5 & Conversation 4 & 5
- The analysis will be taken from random chosen/selected short-stories.
- It is regarded as the final integrated assignment for subjects like : reading, composition & conversation 4 & 5
- The composition of scoring system will be:
– attendance : 10%
– assignment : 10%
– book report : 10%
– mid test : 30%
– final test : 40% (50% -10% for Book report)
- Every student must participate in general lecture/briefing on Saturday, June 6th , 2015
- General briefing at 14.30 – 15.30 p.m. to get the clear description of this assignment and the random selected title of books that will be reported.
- The students must be able to submit their book reports on June 17th, 2015
The book report is a 4-5 page paper that contains :
Introduction which describes the author’s biography, his/her other writings, and his awards. ( 1/2 page)
Analysis which is divided into :
– summary of the story (1 page)
– analysis which is based on the biggest or dominant issues in the novel. (3-4 pages)
Conclusion which states the lessons of the story. (1/2 page)
The paper which contains at least 4 pages and at most 5 pages must be typed in:
Paper size : letter
Font : 12 Times New Roman/Arial
Space : double-space
The paper’s score will contribute 10% to Reading Comprehension 4/5, Composition 4/5 and Conversation 4/5.
The paper’s presentation will be carried out:
Date : June 19th , 2015
Time : 15 minutes
Presentation technique :
a). 5-minute paper presentation
b).10-minute question-answer session by two examiners.
WHAT WILL BE SCORED?
– Sentence level
– Paragraph level
2. Reading Comprehension:
– Content mastery
– Sentence building
– Clarity and Diction